The wisdom teeth came out last Thursday. I will say that was probably the weirdest experience of my life. They came in and stuck these huge q-tips in my mouth with this pink gunk on it and told me not to swallow it because it would make my throat numb – however it also made my mouth water to no end, so not swallowing was almost impossible especially since they walked away and left me with only this little thing to suck up the extra salvia coming from my mouth. If you are wondering – I did end up swallowing it and it did make my throat numb which made me feel like I couldn’t swallow. Not the greatest feeling in the world. Then they come back in, put some thing on my nose and told me to open my mouth but take deep breaths. A few seconds later I was in pain, without any warning – my eyes must have gotten huge because then the assistant explained they were numbing my mouth and this would be the worst part. A little heads up would be nice – but whatever. They walked out of the room again and I was left alone with my throat numb, salvia piling up in my mouth, and my gums feeling really heavy. They finally came back in and the dentist checked to make sure I was numb – which I was – and then she got to work. She did my right top one first and I believe she put a cork screw in my mouth to fish that sucker out. I couldn’t feel anything, but I saw her hands moving like she was trying to open a wine bottle that wasn’t cooperating so that is what I think she used – a cork screw. It was strange because I couldn’t feel anything, but I could see everything and hear everything – strange. All of a sudden, I heard a pop, then a clank, and then a white tooth fell on her little silver tray. This all felt like it took 10 minutes. The left top one, I don’t even know what she did, but all of a sudden there was a pop and there was the tooth. There was no cork screw involved. And then I was done. They took the funny thing off my nose, put some gauze in my mouth, fed me some instructions and told me to have a great day. I went home, drank a lot of tea, changed my gauze every hour, and watched movies. I wasn’t in too much pain, but I was hungry and couldn’t think of anything to eat. The next day I was off and the pain kicked in, I hate pain killers so I decided against them and just stuck with Ibuprofen. It kept the edge off, but I was still hungry and the stuff I was eating (yogurt, noodles, applesauce), wasn’t cutting it. Joe had this brilliant idea for me to eat mash potatoes – thank God he did otherwise I think my stomach would have ate itself. By Sunday, I could eat on my left side. My right side is still a little tender – but it isn’t too bad.
Onto the skunk: Yesterday, the alarm went off at 4:25AM. I got up, let the dog out, and got in the shower. In the mist of this routine, Joe wakes up, gets ready, and leaves. However, yesterday morning the dog decided to change our morning routine by saying “hello” to a skunk. When I got out of the shower, I was greeted with Joe cursing because one of us was going to have to stay home. When I asked why, he told me to start walking towards the front door; I followed his instructions to be hit with the lovely smell of skunk. He went outside, grabbed Hazel to bring her to me to see if she got hit with it and he didn’t even have to get close before I started screaming to throw her back outside. Skunk stinks. It stinks worse in the morning when you are half asleep. It stinks even worse when you realize it is on your dog. UGH. I took Zoey to daycare and then headed to Wal-Mart (which opens at 6AM! I did not know that!!!) to get some tomato juice. Then off to Tractor Supply to get some Nature Miracle Skunk Odor Removal. My dog received about 15 baths yesterday but I still smell it on her head. You can’t really scrub your dog’s face. Stupid dog, stupid skunk, stupid smell! Hopefully it goes away – SOON.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment