Trying to get back into blogging is sort of hard when you haven’t done it in SOOOOO long. But anyways, I am going to try to make a post once a week so people can keep up with our busy lives because I know it is pretty much impossible.
Zoey was scheduled for surgery last week on June 5th to have her tonsils and adenoids removed, along with tubes in her ears. They decided to reschedule it because she had a cough – which I had told them about – and she was congested. It is rescheduled for August 21st. There was an earlier date in July, but I opted against it because it was 3 days before our vacation and I WANT MY VACATION. Other than that, Zoey is about to be THREE this year. Can you believe that? THREE? Really? Didn't I just have her? Like yesterday? I am busy planning her Minnie birthday party. She is going to love it. She is obsessed with Minnie. :-)
I recently accepted a new job – an IT Management job – with the Department of Labor. I am excited for this new opportunity, but also scared out of my wits! I have been with my organization for 10 years now – many of these people have watched me grow up (LITERALLY!!!). Making the decision to leave wasn’t an easy one. I really wrestled with it for many weeks before coming to the conclusion that I had to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I was also told by many people (the Deputy Director being one of them) that if my decision turned out to be the wrong one I can come back with no questions asked. It is sort of reassuring that I have built that sort of trust and network here – it also made me doubt me leaving again, but I have already made my decision. Who knows? I might have made the wrong one, but you never know unless you take that step. Someone once told me that the only regrets you ever have in life, are the times you didn’t take a chance. I feel right now, in my career, I have to take this chance. I have to see what else is out there – and hey if it doesn’t work out, I guess I will come back with my tail in between my legs, crying. Hahaha.
As for Joe, he is doing awesome. He has been on a weight loss program for like three months and looks great. He is almost to his weight that he was when we got married. He joined a softball team and really likes it. He has one more year of his plumbing school left, which starts in October. It is summer time, so the grass is growing and he is back to mowing.
Other than that, nothing really has changed. Most of the people that read this follow me on Facebook so I think every one really knows where we are at. I haven’t announced on Facebook that I have taken a new job so don’t go posting any congratulations out there. Talk to y’all next week or sooner if I get an itch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment