One of my favorite times of day is when it is pillow talk. Pillow talk is what we call talking right before you drift off into sleep. Joe and I have done pillow talk ever since we been living together and now Zoey has picked up the habit and hearing her ramble about this and that, then all of a sudden it is quiet because she has drifted off to sleep is the best. She likes to say, “Mommy, I love you.” I go, “I love you too.” She replies, “I love you the most.” Then I say, “I love you more.” And then she replies, “I love you more then the most.” We go through that every night and it literally can melt your heart.
Last night’s pillow talk was about the Bowie’s. A few months ago, she was watching a Mickey Mouse show where they were in the water and there were buoys floating in it. They kept saying the word buoy over and over and eventually Joe said, “You know Zoey, you are Zoey Bowie.” Zoey looked at the buoy they were showing on TV and said, “I am not a buoy, I am a Zoey.” It was a great joke for awhile. Everyone would say it randomly to her, “You are Zoey Bowie,” and she would reply back (mad, I might add), “I am not a buoy! I am a Zoey!!!” At some point, something clicked and she realized that we were telling her that her name was Zoey Bowie, not that she was actually a buoy that floats in the water. So last night, I got to hear all about the Bowie’s and when you live on a zoo – there are a lot. There was Mommy Bowie, Daddy Bowie, Salem Bowie (cat), Priss Bowie (cat), Stormie Bowie (cat), Buddy Bowie (dog), Momma Bowie (Belle – the horse), Mocha Bowie (Bridget’s horse), Baby Bowie ( Treza – the horse), and a Zoey Bowie. She actually even surprised me because she told me that my REAL name was Ashley Bowie and daddy was Joe Bowie. She went on to say that Mom-Mom’s (mom) name was Mom-Mom Bowie and Bubba’s (niece) name was Bubba Bowie. When I tried to explained what their actual names were, she wasn’t having the different last name thing – Mom-Mom became Tina Bowie and Bubba became Brooklen Bowie. Soon after we went through that, she did her I love you ritual and fell fast asleep. I then snuck out of her room to go sleep in my kid free king size bed!
It is crazy what kid’s pick up on. Even though, I loved our little joke with calling her Zoey Bowie and then she yelling that she wasn’t a buoy, it is amazing how quickly she learned that Bowie is her last name – and everyone else that she loves and cares about! Haha. She definitely always keeps me laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment