Lots of stuff has been going on and so I haven’t posted in
awhile. We went to the beach last week
and had an amazing time – minus one little accident where Zoey decided to fall
onto the balcony and mess up her tooth.
Other than that, we were complete beach/pool bums, took Zoey to her
first movie in a theatre, painted pottery, and did a lot of shopping (AKA
Spoiling Zoey). It was a grand
time. While I was on vacation, I was supposed
to make a career decision (three job offers on the table, I needed to pick one)
– which I barely even thought about. Joe
asked me once if I had made the decision and I just laughed because I seriously
didn't even think about it.
On Monday, we took Zoey to the dentist to get her teeth
looked at. Turns out she actually moved
five or six of them (only one is noticeable), but the dentist believes it will
heal just fine. We have to go to the
dentist every other week for the next month to get it checked. That day, I finally did some “soul searching”
and came to the conclusion I was almost 100% sure that I was going to take the
job in IT Security that was being offered.
Yesterday, I returned to work, talked to a few of my closest
friends here and came to the decision hat IT Security job was the one I needed
to act on. Today, I let my supervisor
know and so now they are going to start down that road. I believe that is was the right career decision,
IT Security is where it is at right now, so hopefully this experience will open
up some doors that I didn't think was possible.
We will see. This job will also
give me the goal that I have been searching for because I need to get a CISSP
certification. I guess, I will be
hitting the books again.
No comments:
Post a Comment