CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Job, Horses, Zoey

I officially turned down the job at DOL and accepted the job for IT Security.  They have started working on the details and I should be moving over there pretty soon (in the matter of weeks from what I have been told – not holding my breath or counting my chickens this time!).  It was a hard decision, but I think I made the right one.

The horses decided to go crazy this past Sunday and all of them ended up with injuries that we now have to treat on a daily basis.  My youngest horse, Treza, was the victim of a brutal kicking job by my friend’s horse, Mocha.  I literally have never seen a horse with that many kicks before in my life.  It was quite traumatizing for me to look at.  She had lumps, cuts, and blood all over one side of her.  While we were tending to her to assess the damage (AKA giving her a bath), Mocha decided to flip out in her stall.  She was kicking out her back legs and kicked them OVER her door and became stuck.  Of course, that freaked her out so she tried to get her back end back over and in trying to do that, she skinned the skin off her leg – down to the bone in some areas.  I immediately called the vet and while we were waiting for her to get there, we were all making jokes about how Belle (my oldest horse) was the only one that was smart enough not to get injured that day.  Basically, right when we said that – she pops her head out of her stall to show us her eye that was as swollen as big as a baseball.  Really, Belle – really?  You just had to get into the craziness – didn’t you?  So, now we have medicines to administer in the AM and PM to ALL the horses and Mocha’s legs has to be unwrapped/rewrapped every day.  Amazing – isn’t it? 


Other than that, nothing really is going on.  We bought Zoey a bigger bed (full size) and she loves it.  It is so comfortable too.  I like it myself.  She is officially POTTY TRAINED (mark that off my New Years Resolution list) and she officially sleeps in her bed with no problem.  Next week, she goes in for her surgery as long as she stays healthy.  I will be excited to get it over and behind us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment