So last week on Thursday, I was called up to HR and asked if I wanted to accept a position with them. I said yes, but I am completely terrified. It is a new job that I know nothing about - I mean, completely and utterly NOTHING. I am terrified that I am going to go up there and they are going to expect me to be some genius and I am going to let them down horribly. I know my job that I do now so well I could seriously do it in my sleep – but that is all about to change. The new job is a promotion and I would be an idiot to say no to it – it has more advance opportunities, but the whole idea of change is scaring me! I am absolutely terrified. I am also going to miss the guys I work with. We all get along so well and we have such a fun office. We play around, but get our jobs done. I just don’t know what this new office is going to be like and that terrifies me too. I am scared.
On top of that, Joe is toying with the idea of leaving his company and going with a new one. He went for the interview yesterday and got the job so he just has to say yes or no. He wouldn’t be leaving his current company until his school finishes up, which is in May. But I think he is going to take it. The new company is a pay raise and they will still pay for his school so there is no reason not to take it. The only thing that we both aren’t sure about is the hours. His hours will be 4:00AM – 12:00PM, which personally I think he will like once he gets used to it because he will have time to do stuff when he gets home but it still sucks at the same time because he helps me a lot in the AM. We leave at the same time, so I usually get up early and start getting ready. If Zoey wakes up while I am getting ready then he tends to her. After I get dress, he gets dress and takes care of the horses while I am getting Zoey ready. After that, he carries Zoey out to my car for me then I drop her off at daycare. It just is going to change our whole morning routine which does suck – but I know all these changes that are about to happen are good… they are just so scary. It is like BAM – our whole career life is changing. I guess I better just hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment