CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 18, 2013

Cough, cough. I am sick.

I seemed to have come down with a nasty cold, which I am not happy about.  I am trying to nurse myself back to health – we will see how it goes and how long it takes me to cave and go to the doctors. 

The Holiday season is among us – which is full of running around to see everyone possible.  This year, we are staying close to home because I started my new job in October and every one in our group has already claimed the Holiday season leave.  I am hoping to get out to TN to see my grandparents soon.  I have to take this training at some point and rumor has it they hold it twice a year, usually in Germantown, MD and then somewhere else (the main somewhere else place has historically been Knoxville, TN) so I already put a bug in my boss’s ear that I would really like to go to Knoxville, TN if the training is held there this year.  He sort of looked at me crazy and asked why on earth would I want to go there and I told him my grandparents lived about twenty minutes from there so they wouldn’t have to pay for a hotel room, just for me flying out there… so it seemed it get his brain moving.  Hopefully (cross your fingers) that when the schedule is posted the “somewhere” else location is in Knoxville. 

Zoey is excited for the Holiday season.  She loved Halloween this year and wanted to go to more houses.  I think next year we will actually adventure out and take her somewhere where there are a lot of houses.  She actually was saying, “Trick or Treat” and “Thank you” at each house this year so that was good.  She was Rapuznel and the dog was Pastel from the movie Tangled.  As of right now we still have our Halloween decorations up because she doesn’t want to take them down until we are ready to put up our Christmas ones.  We were going to try and accomplish that this past weekend; however I started cleaning our room which took ALL DAY Sunday.  Not going to lie, it looked like it had been hit by a little tornado. 

This week, Zoey’s daycare provider’s husband goes into surgery to have his prostate remove.  They found out about two weeks ago that he has prostate cancer.  So everyone, keep him in your prayers.  From what I understand, it is a really easy procedure and they have caught it soon so it isn’t going to require any other type of procedures (chemo, and so on)… but, the word cancer is still a scary thing.  Carla is off most of this week to go to the surgery and just help him recover, so my mom is coming down to help out with Zoey.  Gotta love family. 

Joe’s 1998 Honda Civic finally decided to die (we think) on us.  She was a good little car, but after 7 years of just him driving her, she has stopped and won’t start back up.  We had her towed to a shop, but aren’t willing to put a million dollars in her so if it isn’t a quick and easy fix, she is just going to be scrapped.  We are supposed to find out today what the damage actually is.  Luckily for us, we have a fleet of vehicles that Joe can drive (HAHA); unluckily for us, the vehicles that he is able to drive are gas hogs so we will probably have to get him another car eventually.  Fun times.  I am thinking our family needs another Honda, while Joe is looking at another Ford Fusion.  We will see who wins.  :-)


The horses are finally all turned out together.  I think that Mocha has a new found respect for life because she is completely docile and not trying to work out who is the top mare.  If you want to read more about her story and see her leg actually heal, you can check out her blog: mochawillsurvive.blogspot.com.  I tried to keep it updated. 

2 comments:

  1. Ash-I miss you. I hope you're feeling better by now.-Hayley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about you often and miss you too! I read your blog regularly. Hope everything is going good for you!

      Delete