CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby girl is three and other updates.

I had a five day weekend with my baby!  It was the perfect weekend to have it too because she turned three.  We definitely gave her a fun filled weekend for her birthday!  She had a fabulous time. 

On Wednesday, Zoey and I went to the party store to finish up getting decorations for her birthday party that we were having on Saturday.  She was having a Minnie themed party and she literally picked out everything that was pink.  We got pink cups, pink plates, pink forks, pink spoons, pink EVERYTHING.  It is actually pretty funny because when I found out I was pregnant with a girl, I didn’t want anything pink – I actually despise the color – and now Zoey LOVES pink, everything MUST be pink! 

On Thursday, my mom came over to celebrate her third birthday with her and was there for a couple of hours.  We then went to a friend’s house for a cookout, go to the beach, and to watch fireworks.  Zoey LOVED the fireworks.  She called them “pops” and every time one would go in the air, she would clap and scream the color.  Joe actually got a funny video of her facial expressions that I will have to load up later.  We didn’t end up getting home until really late and I felt bad for Joe because he had to go to work on Friday to get paid for Thursday – working construction definitely has it downfalls! 

On Friday, Zoey ended up sleeping in late and I got up early (well somewhat early) just to clean and get ready for her party.  When she finally did wake up, she was sort of still out of it so she was really just a bum all day.  Thursday night seemed to catch up with Joe because when he got home, he was in the bumming mood too.  We did clean a little bit more, but everyone just seemed soooo tired. 

On Saturday, I woke up extremely early to finish up everything that I needed to do and Joe got up just as early to finish up the outside stuff.  I decorated the house of all the Minnie stuff before Zoey got out of bed and when she did wake up, she was totally excited.  People started arriving around 11:30 and I think that everyone had a good time.  People were swimming, we had plently of food, and the kids were playing.  The last guests didn’t leave until 7:30 and I was pooped.   I don’t think I moved from the couch what-so-ever once everyone left.  My feet were KILLING me, but I did have a great time and I love doing parties so I am sure it won’t be the last!    

Zoey got spoiled like she always does so yesterday we spent most of the day playing with her new toys and swimming in the pool.  I really enjoy having a pool even though it is just a little ghetto one from Wal-Mart.
 
As for all the other updates – I still don’t know what is going on with the new job.  The last I heard, the big boss over there is trying to make my resume perfect; however the lady I am going to be working for rejected his edits.  So, who knows what is happening.  I think, that I have mentally started to prepare myself to actually go talk to my current boss and say this job doesn’t look like it is going to pan out and SIKE I was just kidding about leaving.  I haven’t given up entirely on it, mainly because my butt wants to telework – but I have a feeling that in a few more weeks, I am going to have to give up on that dream.  We will see.
 

In other news, my laptop broke at the worst time ever.  I am EXTREMELY happy that I am no longer in school because my life would have completely been OVER (yes, I know that is a little extreme, but it is the way I feel) if my laptop broke while I was in school.  However, with furloughs starting THIS WEEK, money is going to be tight so who knows when I will get it fixed.  Blah.  I hate you, FURLOUGHS!!!  Hahaha.  Ah wells.  I guess it could be worse – I could not have a job, at all.  I will say my working moral has lowered as of today though because of furloughs.  I just don’t understand why they couldn’t work this shit out.  Excuse the french, but frankly it pisses me off.  Everyone is just trying to play this political game and trying to show who’s balls are bigger so the little people have to pay until the bigger balls are identified.  I am hoping the bigger balls are identified soon.  But, that is enough my ranting.  I know y’all probably are sick of hearing about furloughs anyways.       

No comments:

Post a Comment