CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Yeah, yeah, yeah... get over it! ;-)

So I haven't posted in awhile... I know you must be HEARTBROKEN.  haha.  Anyways, let me see... what can I tell you!  I know the one thing every one is wondering about!!!  Zoey is officially ONE!  We had her first birthday on Monday (July 4th) and it was a blast!  So many people came out for her first birthday - 46 to be exact - I seriously could NOT believe it.  I feel truly blessed that we have that many people care enough to come and celebrate a 1-year-old's birthday!  It was def. a good time though. 

It was completely owl themed.  It was AWESOME.  We decided to do deli platters (we made them ourselves - 10 times cheaper) and then we had all the sides (potatoe salad, two pasta salads, mac-n-cheese, veggie salad).  It was great!  We ran out of plastic forks though so that sort of stunk!  Then I had made owl cookies and cupcakes for dessert.  Almost everything got eaten, which I was happy about!  All of drinks were done, which I was surprised about.  We bought FIVE cases of soda and THREE cases of water - everything was gone.  I think though next party we have I am going to have a cooler labeled "KIDS COOLER" because some kids there were sucking the sodas down and the parents weren't saying anything.  Plus they are famous for opening the sodas and then sitting down and just forgetting about them... a little annoying - but whatever!  Zoey was dressed in a cute little owl shirt that said, "Look WHOO's turning ONE! Zoey" and then a tutu that my mom and I made.  I started it, but didn't have time to finish it so mom took it over.  :-)  It turned out good.  I was so excited.  I was going to have her dress in red, white and blue but I wanted her first birthday to be about HER - if that makes any sense.  She got spoiled by everyone - which is great. 



The next day though I had to take her to the doctors!  She is 25.06 lbs, and 31 1/2 inches!  She is still measuring in the 97% for her height and weight so she is a big kid, but even.  They gave her 5 shots, which was totally heartbreaking.  I almost cried because we had to restrain her and then afterwards Joe called me a sissy.  ;-)  I really do feel like hitting the nurse during those shot moments.  The rest of the day she was cliggy and tired.  She ended up going to bed at 6PM and sleeping through the night.  I am not sure if it was because of the shots or because she had such a fun day the day before and barely napped.  Who knows.  Ah wells...  the next day she woke up fine, so it is all good! 

Tomorrow we leave for the beach!  So excited.  We will be down there a week and I can't wait!  We are just going to be beach bums and pool bums all week!  YAY!

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July!  I will write again later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment